When I ask people about why they have chosen counseling now, I often hear “I want a better quality of life”. However, this can mean something different for everyone. In some cases, a client has clear goals which can be achieved through a few sessions. Yet, in other cases, there are deeper concerns and conflict in one's life which may require a long term plan.
Whatever the goals for counseling may be, they will be set by YOU according to what YOU want to work on. I may make suggestions on how to reach that goal and tools to help with coping, but YOU ultimately decide on the depth of work we do together. My role is to help you discover what in your life currently serves you in your healing and overall well-being and what you can learn to let go of or approach in a different way.
I will offer you safety and trust in our time together where you can explore what parts of your life you would like to improve and how we can work to highlight the best parts of you.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you can gain from counseling:
- Heal from loss and other life transitions
- Reduce stress
- Experience more compassion for yourself and others
- Gain strategies for creating happiness in everyday life
- Learn about how the brain works
-Learn new problem solving techniques
- Develop skills to have healthy relationships
- Reduce Conflict
- Build more confidence
- Understand and cope with difficult family dynamics
- Improve balance between your work and home life